Vale M.A.K. Halliday (13 April 1925 – 15 April 2018)
ASFLA’s obituary honouring the life and work of Michael Halliday can be read here.
Tributes from the wider SFL community can be read here.
The main objectives of the Australian Systemic Functional Linguistics Association are to:
- promote scholarship and research in SFL
- disseminate the results of research in SF linguistic theory
- organise national conferences around SF linguistic theory and related fields
- support appropriate SFL teaching activities
- maintain the relationship with the International SFLA
The ASFLA constitution can be found here.